Re: Opera submission of Web Messaging tests

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 09:30:33 +0200
To: James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>
CC: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, ext Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, "public-webapps-testsuite@w3.org" <public-webapps-testsuite@w3.org>
On 04/04/2013 23:01 , James Graham wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Apr 2013, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>> Surely github must provide a trivial way to run the tests you
>> submitted. Would you please explain how to do that?
>
> At the moment there isn't a trivial way. We can make one of course (e.g.
> make w3c-tests.org/pull-requests/{number}/ contain a checkout of each
> open pull request. Might be a problem if someone is using absolute paths
> though). I don't know if Robin has specific plans here.

We've been thinking about it, and something like what you describe might
indeed happen. Part of the problem is running unreviewed code: that
means we have to disable anything that's server-side. But beyond that
just performing a checkout and merge on every pull request into a
specific directory is not rocket science.