Re: Fwd: [testsuites] WebSocket support on w3c-test.org

Hi Art,

I wasn't actually proposing anything. I certainly didn't mean to suggest we
should restrict everybody to only writing WebSocket server pieces in
Python. My purpose was just to let everybody know that it's now possible to
write WebSocket server parts in Python and run them on w3c-test.org.  And
now that we have Jetty set up, it's also possible write tests in Java and
run them there too.

As I said in the other message I just now sent to you and Kris, I think we
can support multiple formats on the server side -- within reason of course.
I don't want to end up installing some obscure system just because somebody
prefers to write tests using it. But I know already that multiple browser
projects are using pywebsocket for testing internally, and I know that
Jetty in general is widely used too, so it's worthwhile to have Jetty
available as well for anybody who wants to use it.

  --Mike

Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, 2012-02-27 14:12 -0500:

--
Michael[tm] Smith http://people.w3.org/mike/+