Re: [testsuites] WebSocket support on w3c-test.org

I have pywebsockets running through mod_python on the existing Apache
server, on port 80, and Jetty running on port 8080. So we could actually
still accept server-side test pieces written in Python as well as ones in
Java, and it seems to me at least that it's not an either-or case of
everybody must write the server parts in Java vs everybody must write them
in Python. We could have both.

Naturally it's different for the actual test suites -- testing the
client-side browser behavior, they of course need to be in the same one
format to make it possible to run them across multiple browsers.

But the server pieces are not actually part of the test suite. We're not
testing the server behavior, we just need for the server parts to implement
the protocol as specced (and if they don't we need to fix them so we do).

And if particular test cases rely on a particular server application to
test against, then all that matters for the purposes of the test suite is
just that we have that server application available somewhere on
w3c-test.org so that anybody can run those test cases in any browser.

  --Mike

Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>, 2012-02-28 03:04 +0000:

--
Michael[tm] Smith http://people.w3.org/mike/+