Re: [widgets] status of CSS MQ spec

On 02/10/2012 02:54 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> On Friday, February 10, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>
>> Marcos - re the view-mode Media Feature spec and the dependency on the
>> CSS MQ spec, below is some status of the later.
>>
>> I noticed some actions but no schedule.
>>

>> Le 10/02/12 13:14, Arthur Barstow a écrit :
>>
>>> Would one of the CSSWG reps please provide an update on when the CSSWG
>>> will publish a PR of Media Queries?
>>

>> In short, as always with software and standards: when it's ready.
>> The CSS MQ Test Suite needs to be republished
>

> But what I wonder is… by who?
>
>> and we wait for
>> implementation reports by Mozilla, Opera and Apple:
>>
>> http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/css/20120207#l-480
>>

> Seems strange to be waiting, when the tests can run with a single click.
>
> Here is the implementation report:
>
> Chrome failed: 190.
> Firefox failed: 6.
> Opera failed: 107.
> Safari failed: 190 (as expected, as same a Chrome).
>
> Unless some tests are busted

This is indeed the case for the test suite version at
<http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/MediaQueries/20100726/>. Firefox
passes the more recent version at
<http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/anne/submitted/mediaqueries/test_media_queries.html>.
Opera apparently has an internal build that passes that version as well.

Ms2ger