Re: [widgets] status of CSS MQ spec

On Friday, February 10, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> Marcos - re the view-mode Media Feature spec and the dependency on the
> CSS MQ spec, below is some status of the later.
>
> I noticed some actions but no schedule.
>

> Le 10/02/12 13:14, Arthur Barstow a écrit :
>
> > Would one of the CSSWG reps please provide an update on when the CSSWG
> > will publish a PR of Media Queries?
>

> In short, as always with software and standards: when it's ready.
> The CSS MQ Test Suite needs to be republished

But what I wonder is… by who?

> and we wait for
> implementation reports by Mozilla, Opera and Apple:
>
> http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/css/20120207#l-480

Seems strange to be waiting, when the tests can run with a single click.

Here is the implementation report:

Chrome failed: 190.
Firefox failed: 6.
Opera failed: 107.
Safari failed: 190 (as expected, as same a Chrome).

Unless some tests are busted, this spec ain't going nowhere soon.