Re: [progress-events]Some comments

On Thu, 29 May 2008 13:10:50 +0200, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> some more comments:
>
> (1)
> "typeArg of type DOMString
>      This must be one of loadstart, progress, error, abort, load. If it
>      is not one of those values then this specification does not define
>      the resulting event..."
>
> I'd reword that somehow and definitely remove the "must be" part, since
> the type doesn't have to be one of those event types.

Agreed. I changed the wording in my local draft (so will appear in the
next editor's draft shortly)

> (2)
> "canBubbleArg of type boolean
>      Specifies Event.bubbles. This parameter overrides the intrinsic
>      bubbling behavior of the event and determines whether the event
>      created will bubble
>   cancelableArg of type boolean
>      Specifies Event.cancelable. This parameter overrides the intrinsic
>      cancel behavior of the event and determines whether the event
>      created is cancelable"
>
> I know that is copied from DOM 3 Events draft, but 'intrinsic bubbling
> behavior' and 'intrinsic cancel behavior' aren't actually defined
> anywhere. Perhaps should modify that in DOM 3 Events.

That makes sense to me (plus it means I don't need to do anything new ;)

> Sentences should end to a .

Changed for the cases noted.

> (3)
> "If the user agent has reliable information about the value of total,
> then this should be true. If the user agent does not have reliable
> information about the vale of total, this should be false"
> vale -> value and . after false

Done.

> (4)
> Missing "informative" for example in chapter
> 'Using progress events in Web content'

Done

> Other comments
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008May/0349.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008May/0478.html

Yep. Thanks for the various comments, by the way. It's nice to have the
feedback ;)

cheers

Chaals