Re: XHR tests

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> According to MS' testing 4 major browsers (I am guessing they mean
> Opera, Safari, Mozilla/FF and IE although I am not actually sure) all
> fail the following tests. It would be helpful to check them against the
> spec and as tests to determine whether there is some simple bug we
> should fix. If people are prepared to take on the task of analysing
> them, we should be able to start making these official or raising issues
> where this has not already happened.
>
> Note that I will look at the first one on this list -
> http://tc.labs.opera.com/apis/XMLHttpRequest/responseXML/009.htm
>
> If we are going to have decent test coverage, we need to do this not
> just for these tests but for those we agree are valid tests, so don't be
> shy about volunteering for a handful of tests and checking them.
>
> cheers
>
> Chaals

I just looked at two random tests (that fail here for FF2), and I agree
that those would be much more useful if they came with some
documentation about what is expected.

Re <http://tc.labs.opera.com/apis/XMLHttpRequest/responseXML/009.htm>:

This seems to assume that
<http://tc.labs.opera.com/apis/XMLHttpRequest/responseXML/support/008.xml>
is not XML, but it is (served as application/xml).

Re <http://tc.labs.opera.com/apis/XMLHttpRequest/setRequestHeader/007.htm>:

This sets "Pragma" to an invalid value, which may not be a good idea.
But what's really needed is the source of the server-side code that
get's executed.

BR, Julian