Re: [selectors-api] Handling :link and :visited Pseudo Classes

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> I'm considering adjusting the spec to allow just two options, and making
> IE8's behaviour non-conforming.
>
> Either:
> 1. Match unvisited and visted links normally with :link and :visited,
> respecitively.
> 2. Match all links with :link, and no links with :visted (i.e. treat all
> links as unvisited)

I think that you should just require that if the UA implements :link and
:visited at all any link must match one or the other.  Which one is up to the
UA.  That allows UAs to impose security policies as needed while still allowing
authors to match all links with ":link, :visited".

-Boris