Re: The XMLHttpRequest Object comments

On May 7, 2007, at 4:43 PM, Jon Ferraiolo wrote:

> Maciej,
> Maybe it's OK for the XHR spec itself to not require XML support,
> but instead have other higher-level document format specs such as
> HTML5 and/or some future version of SVG require that
> implementations support not only XHR but also XML over XHR. Within
> the XHR spec itself, perhaps there could be an informative comment
> that indicates that there is an expectation that, when used with
> languages such as HTML or SVG, XML support would be included.
I want implementation of conformance for use of XHR with XML to be in
someone's test suite. It seems simplest to put it in the XHR test
suite. Therefore it needs to be a normative requirement for some
conformance class. I don't think this creates a problem for anyone as
long as there is also a non-XML-supporting conformance class.