Re: [XMLHttpRequest] readyState values should be available as named constants of the XMLHttpRequest constructor

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 19:56:13 +0100, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:
>> Some initial drafts used to have this and it was removed because of
>> comments, iirc, from Maciej among other people. If enough authors and
>> implementors support this idea though I suppose we can reconsider that.
>> Anyone?
>
> I think at the time I made my comments we were trying to be strictly
> compatible, i.e. not add anything to the spec that wouldn't work in
> current UAs. Since then, we've given up that principle, for instance by
> making XHR and EventTarget, so I don't think my past reasoning stands.

Fair enough, I added constants for consistency with other DOM APIs (the
names slightly differ from the original request though, please review):

   http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/Overview.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8

Thanks for your comments!