Re: [XMLHttpRequest] readyState values should be available as named constants of the XMLHttpRequest constructor

On Mar 9, 2007, at 8:43 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Some initial drafts used to have this and it was removed because of
> comments, iirc, from Maciej among other people. If enough authors
> and implementors support this idea though I suppose we can
> reconsider that. Anyone?

I think at the time I made my comments we were trying to be strictly
compatible, i.e. not add anything to the spec that wouldn't work in
current UAs. Since then, we've given up that principle, for instance
by making XHR and EventTarget, so I don't think my past reasoning
stands.