Re: XHR: responseText encoding detection

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 13:58:24 +0100, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:
> I think it might be wiser to add a .responseHTML that works for HTML
> documents in the future, since you can test for a new property from
> script but you can't test for new behavior of an existing property. And
> that could in principle have different rules for choosing the text
> encoding.

You would simply test if .responseXML is non-null. However, I don't really
like that we get different character encoding detection schemes on a per
property basis. I rather have it on a resource basis. So that responseText
always uses the same decoding as responseXML, etc.