Re: Progress event spec

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Jean-Claude Dufourd wrote:
>
>> JCD: Sorry, you lost me there. An SVG/SMIL media element with an empty
>> xlink:href just does not render: it is definitely not in error.
>> The load event will happen.
>>

> Take http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#uriReferenceDefinition as
> an example, "URI references that directly or indirectly reference
> themselves are treated as invalid circular references. ... An invalid
> circular URI reference represents an error." The empty string treated
> as URI reference is always a same-document reference and therefore in-
> herently circular.

JCD: From SVGT12 CR:
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/multimedia.html#VideoElement
xlink:href = "<XMLRI>
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/types.html#DataTypeXMLRI>"
    An IRI reference
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/linking.html#IRIReference>. *An empty
attribute value (xlink:href="") disables rendering of the element*...

>> JCD: again, you lost me: my POV is that of the content. Can I design the
>> content so that it can react to the end of the recording, e.g. by
>> stopping an animation ?
>>

> I can see little difference between linking a media element to some
> camera's video stream and linking it to any other video stream. Why
> would the recording even end here? The user could switch the camera
> back on, how would that fit into your model?

JCD: the difference is: for any non-live video stream, you know the
length at the beginning, so would provide a length in all progress
events. For a live recording, you have no idea.
Dealing with switching the camera back on is not included in my use
case, since it just means another recording session.
I do not have a model. WebAPI seems to have a model which looks
insufficient to me for the use case mentionned.

Best regards
JC
--

*Jean-Claude Dufourd* - Chief Scientist, *Streamezzo*
21, av. Victor Hugo, 75016 Paris, France, Tel: +33 (0) 153632847

Streamezzo participates to 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona from 12-15
February 2007. Visit us Hall 7 - Stand 7C28.
If you wish to meet us and discover our Rich Media solutions please
don't hesitate to contact us.