Re: Progress event spec

* Jean-Claude Dufourd wrote:
>JCD: Sorry, you lost me there. An SVG/SMIL media element with an empty
>xlink:href just does not render: it is definitely not in error.
>The load event will happen.

Take http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#uriReferenceDefinition as
an example, "URI references that directly or indirectly reference
themselves are treated as invalid circular references. ... An invalid
circular URI reference represents an error." The empty string treated
as URI reference is always a same-document reference and therefore in-
herently circular.

>JCD: again, you lost me: my POV is that of the content. Can I design the
>content so that it can react to the end of the recording, e.g. by
>stopping an animation ?

I can see little difference between linking a media element to some
camera's video stream and linking it to any other video stream. Why
would the recording even end here? The user could switch the camera
back on, how would that fit into your model?