Re: XMLHttpRequest: Why list HTTP method names

The key point I would like to make is that XHR is more abstract than what
you suggest, and there are use cases that can be solved by creating APIs
layered over XHR. In those cases, the layers should be able to define method
support applicable at that layer.

Secondly, it does not make sense to lump all possible implementations into
one class and require all those to be inter-operable.

Regards,
Subbu

--
http://www.subbu.org