Re: XMLHttpRequest: Why list HTTP method names

On Oct 17, 2006, at 15:23, Mark Baker wrote:
> Common practice with HTTP is what declares what methods are in use at
> any given time.

If common practice were enough, the spec in its entirety would be
useless. There's lots of common XHR practice. Besides, the Web's a
big place. A lot of people use, say, PROPFIND many times a day (often
without knowing it), others have never heard of it. I don't think I'm
making any manner of radical statement if I say that you don't build
interoperability on hand-waving towards "common practice",
implementers' "common sense", or other such mythical animals.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/
"So, if this show teach you anything, it should teach you how to