Re: Safe copy and paste with scripts

But we are talking about web-application, right ?
At least presuming the provider of such an application is sane and
somewhat trusted of value, it would replace the copy capability only
when it makes sense and with something that makes sense.

The same would be true for change of selection btw... it only makes
sense to impact it when it makes sense.

As long as we wish to stick to a single copy operation... it's a
no-go... there's no way for a web-application to provide the added-value
of a custom copy (which is sensible in many cases!).

I would go the following way:
- suppose the way a provider does it is sensible and let it be the
default copy (and drag, and cut) operation.
- allow an extra copy menu-item which "reverts to a trusted way" and is
not impactable by webapp providers.

How does it sound ?

paul