Re: ISSUE-30: mousewheel event

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 06:55:48 +0100, Matthew Raymond
<mattraymond@earthlink.net> wrote:

>    As for "wheel" versus "scroll", I think "scroll" is more
> device-independent, but I don't really care enough to argue about it...

Right. I've been around this issue before, with click vs activate. Living
with a name that sounds odd is much better than waiting 7 years to change
things, and then discovering that you have to live with a funny name to
support the actual content out there.

Picking a name that will work is doomed to failure in the long run, so
worrying too much about it is not the most useful way to spend our time.

>   We still need to reconcile the event property names and scale. IE
> uses "wheelDelta", while Mozilla uses "detail", plus the values returned
> by the two are something like this:
>   IEEvent.wheelDelta = MozEvent.detail * -40
>   So I guess there are still some technical matters to debate.

Right...

cheers

Chaals

--