Question about charter (was Re: Window object)

On Feb 14, 2006, at 3:21 AM, Sylvain Hellegouarch wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> One question about the overall charter raised by this particular
> piece, why choosing the DOM interface for this workgroup rather
> than E4X which IMO would have allowed for much more flexibility?

I wasn't around for the writing of the charter, but my own opinion is:

1) E4X is not a w3c spec, it is not up to us to extend it
2) E4X is not really usable for access to a live document tree, it's
more for processing of XML as data
3) our goal is to focus as much as possible on compatibility instead
of inventing new features from whole cloth