Re: Window object, very rough cut of proposed content for first version of spec

Hello everyone,

One question about the overall charter raised by this particular piece,
why choosing the DOM interface for this workgroup rather than E4X which
IMO would have allowed for much more flexibility?

Is there any particular reason for not pushing towards E4X in this context?

The charter says:

"Other language interfaces, such as Java, Python, C# and Ruby, should be
developed in cooperation with the organization responsible for the
language."

Which might be one reason. But to be fair most languages today offer
alternatives to DOM which are closer to what E4X is all about.

Another reason might be that DOM is already implemented in the vast
majority of browsers but then what is the use for E4X?

Thanks for any feedback :)
- Sylvain