Re: ProgressEvent Re: Liason statement from JSR 280

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:37:38 +0100, Ellen Siegel <Ellen.Siegel@Sun.COM>
wrote:

> I will put your current draft version into the upcoming 280 Proposed
> Final Draft
> spec that we plan to publish in early January.
>
> The main issue remaining, then is to determine when this interface can be
> considered final from the W3C point of view. JSR 280 currently plans to
> go to Final Approval Ballot (frozen spec) in the beginning of April, but
> we would depend on having the W3C API we depend on be frozen as well or
> we risk future incompatibility. Do you have any idea when you plan to go
> to your public review, and when it would close?

Hi Ellen,

At this stage our plan would mean it is difficult to go to Last Call
before April, and it would close after all comments have been
satisfactorily dealt with - so a minimum would be about 6 weeks if the
spec is already perfect.

I can attempt to bring forward the publication schedule somewhat, but I am
not sure how much I can manage there.

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com