Re: IDL licensing

Thanks Charles,

for the moment I would recommend the use of the document license as it
protects the WG consensus in a better way. If there are changes to the
API by third parties, the WG can always endorse them in a way or
another. I still have to consult with Larry Rosen about the open source
impacts of the document license, but I do not think it really does. In
fact, the document license protects the API as defined by the WG and
only prohibits extensions. So people are free to implement and share
code as long as they respect the boundaries.

Best,

Rigo