Re: XMLHttpRequest progress events

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> It rather seems like a bad idea to report progress of multi-gigabyte
> downloads with byte-precision. DOM Level 3 Load and Save does not de-
> fine that the attributes represent a number of octets.

As someone who regularly transfers files many gigabytes in size, I would
request that you please provide the numbers in consistent units (bytes) if
you provide them at all. I don't want to have to back-compute the bytes
transferred or have to special case different sizes of files. Bytes are
nice and simple and work.