Re: [comment] XMLHttpRequest Object - clarity of language

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:44:53 +0200, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:
> [...]
>
> What is IDL? say it. "Interface Definition Language"

I replaced `IDL` with `<abbr title="Interface Definition
Language">IDL</abbr>` in the source code.

> DOM 3 Core, that you reference, is using OMG IDL. Maybe that would be a
> good choice considering you are referring to Dom Core as well.

Please see http://www.w3.org/2006/webapi/track/issues/44 for a discussion
on that. You're welcome to contribute. I think we currently thought of the
following solutions:

(1) Use OMG IDL and modify the draft for a bit.
     (This might be not possible, forgot the details.)
(2) Write up our own ODL specification and publish it
     as a note.
(3) Assume people will understand it and put all the
     useful stuff in the language bindings.

> [...]
>
> There are also a few typos in the document.

I'd love to fix them, pointers?