Re: ISSUE-75: Is method case-sensitive?

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:09:32 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> One argument is that it's simply impossible to work around an XHR
> implementation that changes the casing in a way that the server doesn't
> expect. For example if the server wants a 'doit' method and the XHR
> implementation case folds to uppercase, the script author will simply
> not be able to use that method.
>
> So in this case I think both mozilla and opera does the wrong thing.

And IE7 does the wrong thing too in having 'head' mean 'head', 'HEAD' >
'', 'get' -> 'GET', 'post' > 'POST', 'put' > error, 'foo' > error... As
in, it doesn't support arbitrary method names anymore and does do some
uppercasing for the methods everyone is using, mostly. (And not for 'put'
apparently.)

See http://svg.jibbering.com/webapi/2006-04-20.html#T13-55-43 for all the
funny conversations surrounding the above.