Re: several messages

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Ian Davis wrote:
> On 18/04/2006 00:12, Ian Hickson wrote:
> >    Access check: If there are response headers with the name
> >    "Content-Access-Control", then they must have their values parsed
> >    as the data part of an <?access-control?> PI.
>
> My concern with this security model is that it doesn't prevent malicious
> scripts injected into a site from calling back to a host.

As Bjoern pointed out, it is already trivially possible to do this both
for GET and POST requests, which are the only requests that I propose to
allow without a pre-flight check.

> I propose a simpler solution that allows hosts to declare their
> membership of cross-site scripting domains so that any host serving up
> scripts can restrict the scope of that script's actions.

I'm not sure that's simpler, but more importantly, I would suggest that is
out of scope for this specification. You may be interested in work that
Gervase Markham has been doing on this topic:

   http://www.gerv.net/security/content-restrictions/

...as well as discussions of a <sandbox> element in the WHATWG list, e.g.:

   http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2005-December/005294.html