Re: (XMLHttpRequest 2) Proposal for cross-site extensions to XMLHttpRequest

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> AIUI, the specific vulnerability is form.submit() being used cross-site;
> or are there other ways to do a automated POST?

I can't think of any off-hand at the moment.

> > Sure, that's why I'm proposing that non-GET requests should have the
> > pre-flight check.
>
> OK; I wasn't sure if you were retracting that or not.

I think we should retract it for POST. I agree we should keep it for
non-GET and non-POST methods.

I'll post an updated proposal that takes into account comments so far
later today.