Re: XHR: restrictions on request headers

Jim Ley wrote:

> "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
>> Though the usecase for Accept-Charset seems fairly weak. Why couldn't
>> the author simply filter responseText?
>
> How would an author do that?  Or do you mean the ASCII use case, and not
> might accessibility tool use case?

The only use case I've heard so far is the ability to request a
pure-ascii response. Or I guess more generally requesting an encoding
that only contains a specific subset of the unicode map. However I'm not
sure what value this gives over simply looping over responseText and
testing if all chars are in the desired subset.

/ Jonas