Re: ISSUE-58: XMLHttpRequest.abort() should just reset the object

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 15:14:18 +0200, Christophe Jolif <cjolif@ilog.fr>
wrote:
> There is something I still don't get with abort and XHR state. We saw
> that we think the state after an abort must be 4 == loaded. Given that,
> as a listener on the request, how can I know if a request has been
> aborted or has been loaded? As far as I can see, I can't. And it seems
> to me like an important missing feature.

My idea would be that an object that implements the XMLHttpRequest
interface also implements the EventTarget interface. When somebody calls
abort()
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/NOTE-DOM-Level-3-Events-20031107/events.html#event-abort
(abort event) would then be dispatched on that object. (Same for load,
error, readystatechange and perhaps progress.)