Re: Mixed namespaces

see inline

Robin Berjon a écrit:
> Philipp Hoschka wrote:
>
>> Robin Berjon a écrit:
>>
>>> Mixed namespaces, XML Packaging, and a proper way to wrap it all
>>> together... hmmm, the Web at large might become an interesting place
>>> again :)
>>

>> While this is certainly and exciting vision, it presumes that all
>> formats are represented in XML - but there are currently no XML
>> formats for compressed video and audio. Also, one of the strengths of
>> the Web is that it is able to integrate any format.
>

> I understand the issues, which is why the list went beyond just mixed
> namespaces.

XML Packaging (at least in its multipart MIME incarnation) won't exactly
be streaming multimedia. Also, receiving a video and and audio source at
the same time seems impossible.

> Also, I seemed to understand that it would be ok to embed
> content so long as the program wasn't controlled, is that correct? Is
> there any assesment of how direct the control ought to be (since simply
> *container's* SMIL timeline, affecting the timeline of AV content
> indirectly, count as interaction?

I don't want to speculate on this - and was more thinking of audio/video
plugins for HTML, which seem to be most affected by any change at this
point.