Resource Timing L1's future

From: Yoav Weiss <yoavweiss@google.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 16:50:00 +0200
To: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Cc: Nic Jansma <nic@nicj.net>, Carine Bournez <carine@w3.org>
Hey all,

We’d like to get the group’s consensus on the publishing of Resource Timing
L1 <https://www.w3.org/TR/resource-timing-1/>.

We never moved that specification beyond CR.

One option would be to abandon it and only publish L2 as a CR Living
Standard. Another would be to take L1 to REC.

Given that the related discussion
<https://w3c.github.io/web-performance/meetings/2021/2021-04-01/index.html>
on the WG call showed no strong preference from folks attending, we wanted
to get the broader group’s opinion on the importance of such publishing,
and the level of effort we should invest in it happening.

Would you and your organization find the publishing of Resource Timing L1
to REC useful?

Let us know.

Cheers,

Yoav & Nic