Re: Firefox and User Timing API in workers

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 4:13 AM, Andrea Marchesini <amarchesini@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> 2. PerformanceTiming is not exposed to workers. The only attribute that
>>> can be used as marker name is 'navigationStart'.
>>>

>> Not sure I follow this. Why are the marker names restricted? Is this
>> related to: https://github.com/w3c/user-timing/issues/1 -- ?
>>

> It's about this "The *startMark* and *endMark* arguments may be the name
> of one of the attributes in the PerformanceTiming
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/navigation-timing/#performancetiming> interface [Navigation
> Timing] <http://www.w3.org/TR/user-timing/#NavigationTiming>. In this
> case, the value of that attribute is used as the DOMHighResTimeStamp
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/hr-time/#domhighrestimestamp> time value."
> In workers we don't expose the all PerformanceTiming interface so this
> point is not fully implemented. We just support 'navigationStart'.

Ah, ok, with you now. User Timing spec is out of sync..
- PerformanceTiming -> PerformanceNavigationTiming
- PerformanceNavigationTiming is not exposed in worker (only Resource
Timing is).. I don't think that section should apply at all for UT within
worker; navigationStart shouldn't be exposed either.. we should clarify
this in the spec.

ig