W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-perf@w3.org > March 2014

[minutes] W3C Web Performance WG Teleconference #128 2014-03-19

From: Tobin Titus <tobint@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 19:57:34 +0000
To: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Message-ID: <f5d254ef67274b4296fdd010433c59d9@SN2PR03MB078.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
Meeting Summary:



1.       Resource Priorities

We discussed whether to move resource priorities to the HTML5.1 working group in W3C. There was concern that the spec wouldn't move forward without HTML 5.1 W3C spec editor involvement. Tobin works with Travis in this group on a weekly basis to sync on things moving forward. Tobin took an action item to work with Travis to see how we can patch into HTML 5.1 (Action 129<http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/actions/129>).

2.       Conference Call Future
We have concerns that people are not showing up for the call and we discussed the need for the call. We determined that we should rely more on the issue tracker and email, but that the call was a good opportunity to sync. We decided to leave it on the calendar.

3.       Beacon
There don't feel like there are many open issues here. Mozilla has an implementation now.

4.       Navigation Error Logging

We held a security call last week but due to limited participation, we are rescheduling. Phillipe will send out a new invitation.

5.       Update Specifications

We discussed updating Navigation Timing 2 and Resource Timing and Philippe took an action item to do so (Action 128<http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/actions/128>)





W3C Web Performance WG Teleconference #128 2014-03-19





IRC log: http://www.w3.org/2014/03/19-webperf-irc



Meeting Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2014/03/19-webperf-minutes.html



Attendees

Tobin Titus, Philippe Le Hegaret, Arvind Jain


Scribe

Tobin Titus, Phillippe Le Hegaret



Agenda
1. Discuss Resource Priorities
2. Discuss Beacon
3. Discuss Navigation Error Logging
4. Discuss Open Issues


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Minutes:



Resource Priorities
     Arvind: Should we move this to the W3C HTML 5.1 working group. That was the plan.
Tobin: Yes, that is the plan, but we are still making updates in the working group. Once we have the spec where we wanted we should integrate it. i've already talked with Travis on HTML5.1 to talk about moving this when we are comfortable.
     Arvind: OK
Conference Call Future
     Arvind: Should we stop the call? We see less people attending and perhaps email / issue tracker at the best.
     Tobin: There is value in the call as well as issue tracker and email. But call helps sync
     Arvind: We can keep it on the calendar.
WHATWG
    Arvind: is the HTML5 spec in the W3C or WHATWG?
    plh: http://www.w3.org/html/landscape/
    plh: the HTML5 spec is worked within W3C. WhATWG works on the HTML Living standard
    Arvind: can we get the resource priorities, knowing that James doesn't work on it anymore?
    Tobin: I'd like to move it forward but I'm busy until end of month
    Arvind: why not work on it in the HTML spec?
    Tobin: we have more perf expertise than in the HTML group
                 ... ultimately, we'd like to hand if off to the html spec folks
                 ... but we need more work on it first
                 ... I do have a weekly discussion with Travis on the progress
    Arvind: we should also have a patch for the HTML5 spec
    Tobin: not sure how that would work
                 ... I will need to talk to Travis about this
     Arvind: if we have the HTML 5.1 editors involved, that's fine
     Tobin: ok
Beacon
     Arvind: Mozilla has an implimentation.
Navigation Error Logging
     Arvind: Did I miss a security meeting on Navigation Error Logging?
     Tobin: Yes, we had it but had to reschedule as we had limited participation.
     plh: I will resend an invite for this.
Navigation Timing / Resource Timing
     plh: Can we update these specifications?
    plh: Navigation Timing 2 and Resource Timing
     Arvind: Yes. Please do that. We haven't seen an update in a while.
     plh: ACTION: plh to update Navigation Timing 2 and Resource Timing [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/19-webperf-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-128 - Update navigation timing 2 and resource timing [on Philippe Le Hégaret - due 2014-03-26].
   plh: close action-127
                 <trackbot> Closed action-127.
Received on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 19:58:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:04:38 UTC