Re: Where are instances of PerformanceNavigationTiming created?

On Thu, 2014-06-12 at 10:43 -0400, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> I see nothing anywhere in
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/raw-file/tip/specs/NavigationTiming2/Overview.html
> that creates instances of PerformanceNavigationTiming.  Should there be
> something?  There are examples that claim that such instances should
> exist and that performance.getEntriesByType should be able to find them,
> but I see no normative basis for that claim.

You get an instance of PerformanceNavigationTiming by accessing
window.performance.navigation. That interface doesn't inherit from
PerformanceEntry and isn't meant to be accessed using getEntriesByType.
Are you saying it should?

Philippe