RE: [beacon] Random comments

On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 1:05 AM, Simon Pieters wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 01:26:23 +0100, Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> What parts of that algorithm do you want me to change?
>
> [[
> 2. If the JavaScript global environment is a document environment, run these
>     steps:
>
>     1. If settings object's responsible document is not fully active, throw an
>        "InvalidStateError" exception and terminate the overall set of steps.
>
>     2. Set base to settings object's API base URL.
>
>     3. Set source origin to settings object's origin.
>
>    4. Set referrer source to settings object's API referrer source's URL.
>
> 3. If the JavaScript global environment is a worker environment, run these
>    steps:
>
>     1. Set base to settings object's API base URL.
>
>     2. Set source origin to settings object's origin.
>
>     3. Set referrer source to settings object's API referrer source.
> ]]

In the XHR case, the setting's object has been set to the relevant settings object for the global object of the xhr's interface object, https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#concept-xmlhttprequest-settings-object. sendBeacon is just a method on Navigator. How should I define "settings object" or is there another definition I can link to?

Thanks,
Jatinder