Re: [beacon] Random comments

On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 22:23:22 +0100, Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 1:05 AM, Simon Pieters wrote:
>> On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 01:26:23 +0100, Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>> What parts of that algorithm do you want me to change?
>>
>> [[
>> 2. If the JavaScript global environment is a document environment, run
>> these
>>     steps:
>>
>>     1. If settings object's responsible document is not fully active,
>> throw an
>>        "InvalidStateError" exception and terminate the overall set of
>> steps.
>>
>>     2. Set base to settings object's API base URL.
>>
>>     3. Set source origin to settings object's origin.
>>
>>    4. Set referrer source to settings object's API referrer source's
>> URL.
>>
>> 3. If the JavaScript global environment is a worker environment, run
>> these
>>    steps:
>>
>>     1. Set base to settings object's API base URL.
>>
>>     2. Set source origin to settings object's origin.
>>
>>     3. Set referrer source to settings object's API referrer source.
>> ]]
>
> In the XHR case, the setting's object has been set to the relevant
> settings object for the global object of the xhr's interface object,
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#concept-xmlhttprequest-settings-object.
> sendBeacon is just a method on Navigator. How should I define "settings
> object" or is there another definition I can link to?

Hmm. HTML APIs mostly use
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/webappapis.html#incumbent-settings-object
although that's different to XHR. If we want like XHR you can say the
context object's document's global object's settings object (phew), or
some such. But I'm not sure which is better. Anne, Hixie?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software