Re: [Beacon] Review of current spec

I don't think it makes sense to require gzip. The UA can denote whether
gzip is used by setting the Content-Encoding header. As for whether the UA
knows if the server accepts gzip encoding or not, I think that's simply
covered by the fact that the javascript code must already know how to
encapsulate data that is transmitted to the server. This doesn't seem any
different from knowing whether to send XML or JSON or plaintext.