From: David Bruant <bruant.d@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:15:57 PM
To: Jatinder Mann; Austin, Daniel; Ilya Grigorik; Jonas Sicking; Chase Douglas; public-web-perf
Subject: Re: [Beacon] spec feedback + few suggestions

Hi,

Sorry, arriving super late to the party, but I have a few comments.

>From what I understand, there are 2 use cases:
1) frequent beacon
2) send data on unload

The first use case is about being able to batch requests to save battery on mobile. I wonder if it wouldn't be better suited to standardize a request scheduler, that would also work for XHR (and why not everything that performs network requests). For instance, the author would provide a bunch of requests with constraints (send such requests within x secs) to the UA and the UA would send the requests as felt most appropriate.

Only the second use case would remain.