RE: [Beacon] spec feedback + few suggestions

On Thur, Nov 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> I definitely think that if the timeout is reached, we should drop the message on the floor and
> *not* notify the page. So it should be a mechanism for doing retries. I.e. the timeout means
> "the data is useless after this point", not "need to try something else after this point".

I see. I misunderstood the timeout as a means to retry on the developer side. I think it's fair to allow a timeout argument after which the user agent will not try to resend. This is of course assuming user agents will continue to retry for such a duration. The spec currently doesn't define or recommend how often the user agent should retry. I'll propose some recommendation language here.

Thanks,
Jatinder