W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-perf@w3.org > July 2013

[minutes] Web Performance WG Teleconference #115 2013-07-31

From: Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 23:46:58 +0000
To: "'public-web-perf@w3.org'" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Message-ID: <8cc1698a845a4923a0c78e15b50d6fae@BLUPR03MB065.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
Meeting Summary:



1.     RequestAnimationFrame to CR, User Timing and Performance Timeline to PR

The working group would like to move RequestAnimationFrame to CR. Philippe will be following up.



            As we now have two complete and unprefixed implementations of User Timing and Performance Timeline, IE and Chrome, we will be moving User Timing and Performance Timeline to PR.



2.     Resource Timing onbufferfullcallback to be EventListener

The working group has agreed to define onbufferfullcallback as an EventListener, rather than a Function. I will update the spec. The spec may go through a Last Call directly to PR.



3.     Publish New Specs as FPWD

The working group has now gone through each of the new specifications and discussed designs. We also have editor's drafts for most of the specs. For the next couple of weeks, we want editors to clean up these drafts, and we can discuss when to publish these specs as FPWD once the drafts are cleaned up.




W3C Web Performance WG Teleconference #115 2013-07-31





IRC log: http://www.w3.org/2013/07/31-webperf-irc



Meeting Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2013/07/31-webperf-minutes.html



Attendees

James Simonsen, Jatinder Mann, Philippe Le Hegaret, Alois Reitbauer, Dan Austin


Scribe

Jatinder Mann



Agenda

1.     Specification Status

2.     Resource Timing Updates

3.     FPWDs of New Specs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Minutes:
RequestAnimationFrame to CR

<plh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2013Apr/0040.html

<plh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2013Apr/0035.html

http://www.w3.org/TR/animation-timing/

<plh> issue 4 can be removed

<plh> issue 2 will be left as undefined

<plh> issue 3 will not be resolved

<plh> issue 2, 3 and 4 can be pushed to v.next

Plh: The working group feels that the definition of visibility from Page Visibility is acceptable.

Jatinder: Do we agree to move this spec to CR?

James: Let's move this spec to CR.
Resource Timing

Jatinder: I want to update Resource Timing's onbufferfullcallback to eventlistener

Plh: Once we get this finished, we can do a last call and take it straight to PR.
... Will both implementations support this eventlistener?

Jatinder: I'll see if we can update this in IE11.

<plh> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/topic/blink-dev/Hn3GxRLXmR0/discussion

<plh> (setImmediate thread on blink-dev)

James: Chrome now supports User Timing and Performance Timeline unprefixed.

Jatinder: IE11 also supports those interfaces unprefixed.
... Can we start moving these specs to PR?

Plh: I can start looking into moving these specs forward.

<Alois> http://w3c-test.org/webperf/specs/JSPreflightInjection/
JavaScript PreFlight

Dan: Let's take an action item as a group to review the spec and discuss it next week.

<plh> Preflight scripts are executed when the document object is created or when the page load has failed and a Navigation Error has been created.

Jatinder: I would prefer to review the spec first as well.
Received on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 23:50:54 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:04:36 UTC