Re: [JSPreflight] - First Draft of JavaScript Preflight Injection online

   - The monitoring JavaScript becomes a single point of failure for the
   page if it does not load
   - Modification of page source can result in unwanted side effects
   - The monitoring JavaScript will not be loaded when the page cannot be
   loaded (e.g. because of a DNS error).
   - It does not allow to collect performance data for non-HTML request
   (e.g. images, pdf downloads)

The first two seem contrived.. we all know that these scripts should be
loaded in an async way, and we have well defined mechanisms to do so. And
isn't the last point intentional and handled by ResourceTiming?

Really, it seems like the only new functionality here is point #3, which is
error reporting for pages which failed to load? Which is a valid and
interesting case, but having said that, do we have any idea or data on how
frequently this occurs in the wild? I know this may be a chicken and the
egg question, but I'm curious if the extra machinery (and another
cookie-like mechanism is pretty heavy), is really warranted.

ig