Re: iBeacon + LDP or ie: SoLiD

I think it is obvious that the Physical Web concept, and beacons in
general, are already in scope of the WoT IG, as Dave described.

The Physical Web concept leaves the data model open, and provides means for
discovery, retrieve, update, and notify, but not for remote creation and
deletion of things (or resources in OCF terminology). Attached 2 slides I
made out of this.

For instance, with the Physical Web one could use BLE services and
characteristics:
https://developer.bluetooth.org/gatt/services/Pages/ServicesHome.aspx
https://developer.bluetooth.org/gatt/characteristics/Pages/CharacteristicsHome.aspx
or other, proprietary or standardized data models.

Anyone can well implement their own Physical Web.

I agree with Dave that the most important concept to deal with here (in
relation to discovery+CRUDN) is that of user agents.

Do I understand right that Timothy you'd like to add support for control on
what things (services) can be discovered and accessed by a given device
identity + capabilities + permissions + interests, sort of "service
agents", for instance things/resource directories?

Best regards,
Zoltan