Re: what is the minimal feature set of a wot server?

Hi Hamish,

we have just published last week a first iteration of this definition, which you can find here:

https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/TF-AP/wot-compose-recommendation <https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/TF-AP/wot-compose-recommendation>

This will show you the different capabilities (API/data models) of a Web Thing (an entity of the Web of Thing), what is the data & services it offers, etc.

https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/TF-AP/wot-compose-recommendation/web-things-integration-patterns <https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/TF-AP/wot-compose-recommendation/web-things-integration-patterns>

It's important that the interface of a Web Thing and a WoT server are common. Obviously, a WoT server has different and additional capabilities (can expose many Web Things, much more storage and processing power, user interface to manage & create Web Things, support for many protocols, etc.).

Let me know what you think!

Vlad