Re: Web of Things on Arduino

> On 19 Jun 2015, at 22:56, Andrei Palade <andrey.palade@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am new to this list. Would it make sense to have it working with nRFL01+. Also, I believe I have an
> ESP8266 so I can contribute for this one too.

The nRFL01+ doesn’t support IP, but can be used to exchange short messages between devices, e.g. as part of a sensor network.  A Web of Things server running on a device with IP connectivity could be used to access such sensor networks via a suitable driver.  The Arduino Uno would be too tight on resources for such a server, but a more powerful device such as the ARM-based Arduino Due should be fine.

I wonder if it is possible to combine an ESP8266 (ESP-12) with the nRFL01+ for a low cost server?  In principle, this should work via the SPI interface, but I couldn’t find anyone having done this so far, making it an interesting project to try out. Some starting points include the ESP8266 Arduino IDE module, ad the nRF24L01 playground:

    https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino <https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino>
    http://playground.arduino.cc/InterfacingWithHardware/Nrf24L01 <http://playground.arduino.cc/InterfacingWithHardware/Nrf24L01>

p.s. I will have an ESP8266 GitHub project initialised by the end of today.

—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>