Re: New Web NFC API draft

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 7:19 AM, Kostiainen, Anssi <
anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeffrey, All,
>
> > On 11 Sep 2015, at 19:14, Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin@google.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'd encourage you to PR changes up to the main branch as you go, instead
> of building a large branch and merging it all at once. Then some of us may
> be able to review as you go, instead of having to let things we don't like
> accumulate.
>
> That's a good practice. As you noticed, the editors are updating the
> following PR as they go:
>
>   https://github.com/w3c/web-nfc/pull/46
>
> See also the HTML preview of the PR head:
>
>   https://rawgit.com/zolkis/web-nfc/gh-pages/index.html
>
> A bulk of the feedback submitted has been addressed in the PR already:
>
>   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-nfc/2015Sep/0033.html
>
> All - I expect some further changes to land still, but you could take
> (another) look at the PR already now and comment on it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Anssi (CG chair)

The issue with doing monolithic PRs like that, instead of a separate one
per type of change, is that you exceed GitHub's willingness to show the
changes in https://github.com/w3c/web-nfc/pull/46/files. Sometimes you have
to do things monolithically (e.g. the contiguous-idl switch), but lots of
other changes are smaller and can proceed in parallel with each other.