Introduction

Hi all,

I am the founder and owner of FlirtyMob a mobile Content Provider, which
was started in London in 2005 as a paid-for mobile teen chatroom,
targetting the UK market. Our primary focus is the Mobile Web but we do
apps as well. We are now a team of 10ish, with the core staff based in
France where I originate from.

My primary area of interest is mobile payment for digital goods. I have
integrated with a large number of mobile payment providers (psms or
wapbill), operating in many countries, which also gives me a good
understanding of mobile regulation across several markets.

Since the beginning, I have always been a very big fan of the Mobile
Web, for its broad reach and use of open technologies. However, the
issue we have on the Mobile Internet is monetisation: mobile payment is
over-regulated, subscription is supported in few markets only, carriers
pay NET90 in the best case, payouts varies from 20%-30% in emerging
countries to 60% in mature markets which is pretty low (all these issues
are solved by Android and iOS in-app payments, bar the fact that it's
not clear how many iOS/Android accounts have a credit card activated).

I understand that mobile payment is not in the scope of this IG at the
moment, not sure if it could be; however, I would help tremendously the
Mobile Web becoming a credible alternative to native apps if some sort
of payment mechanism emerged.

Since I am one of the guys you are working for and for free, I thought
it was fair to come say hello and thank you and keep up the good job,

Best,

Ch