Re: [admin] Reviews of existing W3C specifications

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 14:18:38 +0100
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: public-web-mobile@w3.org
Hi Art!

On Monday, September 16, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I noticed this group's charter includes a review of existing specs
> function in its tasks list:
>
> [[
> <http://www.w3.org/2013/07/webmobile-ig-charter.html#scope>
>
> Reviews of existing W3C specifications that have particular relevance to
> mobile devices, with a goal in particular to point out inconsistencies
> between specifications developed separately;
> ]]
>
> How do we expect this review task to do implemented in practice (f.ex.
> is some set of the Chairs going to `watch` transition requests on the
> chairs list, do group members make proposals, do we expect groups to
> make proposals to this group; how will the specs being reviewed be tracked).

All of the above. We will track things on GH, in pretty much the same way the TAG is doing it:

https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews/issues

However, the only way this will work is to have enough volunteers to actually do the reviews.
> If there is already some type of inventory or backlog of specs for this
> group to review, please let me know where I can find it.

Not yet. We are still setting up infrastructure on GH. We will let you know soon.

--
Marcos Caceres