Re: Adding fields for transfer map to Intent constructor

On 3/12/2012 1:39 PM, Paul Kinlan wrote:
> So does this mean that .ports will be populated by iterating through
> the transferable array and looking to see if it is a MessagePort or
> not?
>
> Sorry if this seems dense, but if we are passing the ports in data
> (and transferable array), then we should access it on intent.data and
> thus remove any need for .ports

Instead of inventing, we're using the structured clone algorithm and the
Web Messaging spec as they are written.

There was [well-reasoned] push-back on inventing or altering the current
structured clone algorithm.
Though MessagePort is stable/mature, ArrayBuffer is not.

When you have a message port open,  you can send more ports through it.
Authors would use extras when sending files and/or metadata, they'd use
transfer when opening a protocol.

-Charles