Re: Is there an existing mechanism that can be used for WebIntents?

There are a few drawbacks with using the link element.
* link must appear in the head and is a void element.
  - This prevents the use case of the service site providing alternative UI
if <intent> is not supported: <intent ...>Intents are not supported!  Check
out this work-around</intent>
* In the current syntax you provided, how would the UA know this is an
intent registration?  Per the spec, |action| is just a string; we use URLs
to set precedence as a developer-friendly way of documenting the action.
* We'd have to change the HTML parsing algorithm.

Can you share your objections to using the <intent> element?

Thanks,
James