Re: Web Intents - Suggested Deliverables (part 2)

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 02:23:55 +0100, Paul Kinlan <paulkinlan@google.com>
wrote:

>> B. Provider Description Definition For Discovery.
>>
>> The Business Card definition. This could be an HTTP header, a mime
>> defined file, and/or an html link notation. Its purpose is to
>> advertise that a given URI supports a given Action. This enables
>> Discovery of Partner Providers by User Agents.

[snip]
>  We should also scope out areas where discovery is not included
> but provided for, in the case of esoteric devices not considered in this
> scope that might have network discovery mechanisms etc.

+1. btw discovery can also be local on the device.

>> E. Basic Actions
>>
>> According to this Action Description Framework.
>>
>> Probably one per Action (Share, Call, Print, Location, ...).
>>

> I would say that we need to define that actions that we want under the
> scope of the working group and thus managed by the spec.  Or we may
> decided
> that no actions should be included in the spec other than for examples
> and
> usecases.

I guess there is a need to standardize some actions otherwise I see the
risk that some "real word actions" are implemented via different "intents
actions".
Of course we could start having all actions as examples and promote them
to spec once they are mature enough.

/g

--
Giuseppe Pascale